- Amino Acids
- Amino Acids (BCAA’s)
- Bioenergetic Nutrients
- Books (VAT Exempt)
- Comprehensive Nutrient Formulas
- EFAs, Fatty Acids
- Laboratory Tests
- Liquid Formulae
- Mineral Products
- Mitochondrial Support
- Powdered Products
- Protein Powders
- Speciality Products
- Test Kits
- Vitamin & Mineral Formulas (Multiple)
- Vitamin A, D, E & K Products
- Vitamin B Products
- Vitamin C Products
- Acid-Alkali Balance
- Adrenal Cortical Hyperfunction
- Adrenal Cortical Hypofunction
- Allergies and Sinus Support
- Anxiety and Mood Support
- Blood Sugar Support
- Brain Support
- Cardiac/Heart Support
- Eye Support
- Hormone Support – Female
- Hormone Support – Male
- Immune Support
- Inflammation Support
- Intestinal/Stomach Support
- Kidney/Bladder Support
- Liver/Gall Bladder Support
- Lung & Respiratory Support
- Lymph Support
- Metabolic Support
- Microbial Balancers (Parasites Yeast Bacteria)
- Musculo-Skeletal Support
- Oral/Dental Support
- Pancreas Support
- Pituitary Support
- Thyroid Support – Hyperfunction
- Thyroid Support – Hypofunction
- Products A-Z
Detoxification is a broad concept that encompasses many different modalities and nutrients used in cleansing the body’s systems and organs. It is one of the oldest known practices of health promotion and has roots in some form or another in all ancient cultures.
Detoxification is not commonly used in conventional Western medicine but is a mainstay of naturopathic medicine and other traditions such as Chinese medicine, Ayurveda, and Western herbal medicine.
Detoxification regimes primarily target heavy metals, chemical toxins, microbial compounds, and by-products of protein metabolism.
At this time, laboratory research documents some natural detoxification processes in the body and strategies for stimulating those processes, but there has been little clinical research on clinical outcomes of most detoxification regimes.
Proponents of detoxification believe the various approaches can cleanse the body, clear the skin, enhance the senses, help weight loss, improve fertility, improve flexibility, increase vitamin and mineral absorption, reduce blood fat levels, rejuvenate, rest organs, and slow the aging process.
Practitioners of natural medicine believe that the accumulation of toxins in the body is a major cause of disease, and that a growing burden of toxins ingested into the body from the air, water and food contributes to the growing prevalence of chronic and degenerative diseases. Conditions or processes attributed to build-up of toxins include alopecia, anaemia, asthma, ataxia, bone disease, bronchitis, cancer, cognitive impairment, coronary artery disease, cyanosis, dental caries, dermatitis, emphysema, eye irritation, fever, fibrosis of lungs, gastroenteritis, hypertension, headaches, kidney disease, leukemia, liver disease, melanosis, mesothelioma, myalgia, nasal irritation, premature aging, and visual reduction.
Four main types of toxins are addressed by detoxification regimes:
- Heavy or Toxic metals, including lead, mercury, cadmium, arsenic, nickel and aluminum.
- Chemical toxins, including toxic chemicals, solvents, cleaning materials, formaldehyde, toluene, benzene, drugs, alcohol, pesticides, herbicides, and food additives.
- Microbial compounds, including endotoxins, exotoxins, toxic amines, toxic derivatives of bile, and various carcinogenic substances.
- Breakdown products of protein metabolism, including ammonia and urea, most of which are eliminated by the kidneys.
Incomplete digestion is considered a major factor in a build-up of toxins in the body. Some traditions of natural medicine (e.g., naturopathy, Chinese medicine, Ayurveda, macrobiotics) recommend foods that are easily digested and less likely to leave behind undigested material that can contribute to the build-up of toxins in the colon.
Natural Standard Monograph (www.naturalstandard.com).
Related products available at Nutri-Link:
|70150||AntiOx (Cysteine Free)||Caps||60||ARG|
|70160||AntiOx (The New Cysteine Free)||Caps||60||ARG|
|1151||Bio-C Plus™ (Balanced Ascorbates)||Tabs||100||BRC|
|SP600||BodyBio PC (900 mg./cap)||Caps||100||BB|
|SP650||BodyBio PC (900 mg./cap)||Caps||300||BB|
|SP500||BodyBio PC Liquid (3000 mg./tsp)||Liq||237ml||BB|
|SP550||BodyBio PC Liquid (3000 mg./tsp)||Liq||474ml||BB|
|1740||Ca D-Glucarate 500mg||Caps||120||BRC|
|SP315||Chlorella (300 mg./tab)||Tabs||1167||BB|
|SP310||Chlorella (300 mg./tab)||Tabs||333||BB|
|2331||Dismuzyme Plus 5000™||Tabs||100||BRC|
|5104||Dismuzyme Plus™ Granules||Granls||500g||BRC|
|74230||Fast & Be Clear (VAT Exempt)||Pwdr||900g||ARG|
|6502||GamOctaPro™ Powder (VAT Exempt)||Pwdr||454g||BRC|
|6415||IPS® (Intestinal Permeability support)||Caps||90||BRC|
|73390||Lactobacillus GG Culturelle®||Caps||30||ARG|
|70470||Liver Natural Glandular, 500mg||Caps||125||ARG|
|6400||NutriClear® (VAT Exempt)||Pwdr||836g||BRC|
|72240||Phosphatidyl Choline, 385mg||Soft Gel||100||ARG|
|56590||ProBerry-Amla™ Stick Packs||Pkts||15||ARG|
|71130||SymBiotics with FOS Powder||Pwdr||140g||ARG|
|70620||Taurine, 500 mg||Caps||100||ARG|
|72640||ThioDox® Glutathione Complex||Tabs||90||ARG|
|6420||Whey Protein Isolate (VAT Exempt)||Pwdr||454g||BRC|
|73560||Wholly Immune (VAT Exempt)||Pwdr||300g||ARG|
|73820||Wholly Immune (VAT Exempt)||Pwdr||900g||ARG|
- Murray, M. Dr. Murray’s Total Body Tune-Up. 2000.
- Pizzorno, J. and Murray, M. Textbook of Natural Medicine Churchill Livingston. 1999;2nd edition
- Jonas, W. and Levin, J. Essentials of Complementary and Alternative Medicine. 1999
- Flora, S. J., Singh, S., and Tandon, S. K. Prevention of lead intoxication by vitamin-B complex. Z Gesamte Hyg 1984;30(7):409-411.
- Shakman, R. A. Nutritional influences on the toxicity of environmental pollutants: a review. Arch Env Health 1974;28:105-133.
- Flora, S. J. S., Jain, V. K., Behari, J. R., and Tandon, S. Protective role of trace metals in lead intoxication. Toxicol Lett 1982;13:51-56.
- Wisniewska-Knypl, J. M., Sokal, J. A., Klimczak, J., Dajniak, A., and Bogdanikowa, B. Protective effect of methionine against vinyl chloride-mediated depression of non-protein sulphydryls and cytochrome p-450. Toxicol Lett 1981;8(3):147-152.
- Barak, A. J., Beckenhauer, H. C., Junnila, M., and Tuma, D. J. Dietary betaine promotes generation of hepatic S-adenosylmethionine and protects the liver from ethanol-induced fatty infiltration. Alcohol Clin Exp Res 1993;17(3):552-555.
- Zeisel, S. H., Da Costa, K. A., Franklin, P. D., Alexander, E. A., Lamont, J. T., Sheard, N. F., and Beiser, A. Choline, an essential nutrient for humans. FASEB J 1991;5(7):2093-2098.
- Huseini, H. F., Alavian, S. M., Heshmat, R., Heydari, M. R., and Abolmaali, K. The efficacy of Liv-52 on liver cirrhotic patients: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled first approach. Phytomedicine 2005;12(9):619-624. View Abstract.